Friday, August 17, 2007

WHAT AM I DOING DURING VACATION

In recent days, I did not post on the blog.

I just returned back home from a beautiful Alpine resort in Slovenia. The weather was fine and there were many adventures such as running and extreme Nordic walking up the hillsides. Despite not doing any particular conditional activity recently, I did some tough running to gear up the body agility during the summer with a lot of jogging, running, roller-skating and cycling. Next week, I'll go to the seaside and taste a bit of Mediterranean tourist spots such as sea adventures, swimming, some diving and having great time with my friends.

Meanwhile, I'm reading Hayek's Constitution of Liberty. A fascinating masterpiece by Nobel winning economist, easy to read and a great book to train the the sophistication of arguments. Several days ago, I started reading Economic Aspects of Yugoslavia's Creation and Collapse where the author, Mr. Neven Borak, serves the reader a great collection of data and detailed studies regarding the failure of Yugoslavia and its experience with hyperinflation in the late 1980s. As I remember the heavy times of transitional depression in Slovenia, the reading is even more curious and interesting. I'm also finishing the reading of Friedman's Price Theory, before I enter the university in October.

I started writing a working paper about Serbia's macroeconomic and competitive long-term perspective. As you can see, there's a lot to do during vacation and I'm looking forward to further adventures during the longest holidays I've ever had.

No comments: